meet anitha, she’s part of our reception team.
How long have you been with aquatic achievers?
I have been at aquatic achievers for 5 years now.
What’s your story?
I moved to Australia in 2009 with my husband and 3 daughters from South Africa. Since moving to Australia, my family and I have found ourselves a close-knit group of like-minded friends from all over the world who I spend a lot of time with. Family time is important to me. I love cooking and entertaining friends and family. I love celebrating my South African and Indian heritage and love to get involved with local community events. I also have a new found hobby for hiking. The serenity and calm of the outdoors really appeal to me.
What’s a typical day look like?
My role as a Receptionist, the face of the business is to ensure that I create a very positive first impression and experience when a customer visits the centre.
My day as a Receptionist is as follows:
- Greet and meet new and existing customers directing them to the different areas in the pool or staff to further assist them.
- Attending to new enquiries and ensuring that we obtain the highest level of converting enquires into bookings.
- Processing of new bookings by ensuring the relevant documentation is completed.
- Assist customers with queries and resolving this within reasonable time frames
- Merchandising and ensuring correct stock levels
- Point of sale and banking
- Completing daily and monthly reports
- Processing and collecting monthly fees
- Ensuring that the Reception area is always neat and tidy.
What made you join?
I first came to the centre accompanying my twin cousins who were attending lessons there. I really loved the atmosphere and when I saw a position advertised, I jumped at the opportunity to work here. Also, being new to Australia, I felt that this was a great work environment to meet other people and learn more about the diversity of the Australian people.
What keeps you here?
I love coming to work each day and meeting new people. Customers have turned into friends and a day at work doesn’t feel like work. Every day brings something new. I love the stories from all the children and watching them growing up. My highlight is definitely watching our babies learn to swim.
Do you have a celebrity crush?
My husband. (He’s standing behind me!)
Favourite ice cream flavour?
My all time favourite flavours are chocolate and pistachio.