The lessons you love, made COVIDSafe.
We are implementing additional measures to keep families safe and visitor numbers manageable during this time. These measures allow a full return to lessons, in line with current advice and restrictions.
A range of options to reduce contact while in centre:
- Check in via mobile and contactless kiosks
- Service help available from home via phone and email
- Manage bookings & accounts online via Family Portal
- Minimising contact during lessons wherever we can.
- Spare cap/fins/goggle borrowing unavailable.
We have added measures to help keep visitors safe:
- 1 Guardian per child/family (where possible)
- Keep a safe distance (1.5m) from other patrons wherever possible
- Face masks and visitor numbers (as required), managed safely in line with State Health directives
- Check in apps (as required) upon entry
We’ve added even more scheduled cleans around the centre each day. Sanitisation stations will also be available for your convenience.
We are implementing clear and simple signage to help navigate any changes in-centre.
- Seating + queuing markers
- Entry + Exit guidance
- Temporary changes notices
- CovidSafe hygiene advice
Helpful answers to some frequently asked questions…
Of course you can. We just ask that you only take the time you need, to help us manage the flow of visitors until restrictions ease.
Sure, you will just need to bring your own change mat for the moment.
Families with multiple children swimming are welcome to bring a second guardian. We ask families to avoid unnecessary adult visitors “where possible” to help us manage visitor numbers.
Yes there is certainly toilets available.
Our COVIDSafe Checklist has been developed in line with relevant industry guidance, as well as current State Government guidelines and restrictions. We continuously reassess and adapt our planning as this guidance changes.
Yes we do, but our preferred method is contactless.
Any students or guardians feeling unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend lessons. Instead, please contact your centre team for replacement options. To protect the health and safety of all Aquatic Achievers visitors, staff reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who is suspected to be unwell or showing symptoms.
NOTE : If additional replacement lessons are required for isolation or illness during this time, please contact your centre team for help.
Absolutely. The only change is that samples will be temporarily unavailable to try on. Our team will be able to help with advice on size and fit.
Planned under leading guidance
Aquatic Achievers' COVIDSAFE planning follows the relevant guidance from Australia's leading health, safety and industry authorities.