Aquatic Achievers are committed to protecting our Little Achievers everyday.
What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding children and young people (SCYP) involves promoting the welfare of those that are under 18 that spend time, are involved, or impacted by Aquatic Achievers, and to protect them from harm.
As a safeguarding children accredited organisation, actions we take include:
- Protecting children from abuse and neglect.
- Preventing harm to children’s health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring children have a voice in decisions that affect them.
- Empowering children to reach their full potential.
- Actively promoting the inclusion and participation of children.
- Building a child-safe culture and environment.
- Updating and revising policies and procedures that ensure the safety of children and young people.
Why a focus on safeguarding children?
We believe that a strong focus on the safety of children and young people is the right thing to do, especially in our type of business. By working with our partners at Australian Childhood Foundation, we are continually improving our practices to make children and young people feel safer and better supported. Whether it be an Aquatic Achievers swim school in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, or ACT – we’re committed to ensuring that the quality and safety of our swim education never wavers.